After installing threadModeler for Inventor 2017 or newer, the threadModeler panel is not visible in the coolOrange ribbon.
- Since Inventor 2017 third party add-ins have to be explicitly allowed.
- Inventor LT does not support the use of third party add-ins
- An unsupported version of Inventor is used.
- An assembly is opened
- In some rare cases there is an issue with the installer
- In order to allow threadModeler follow these steps:
- Navigate to Tools -> Options
- Press Add-Ins to open the add-in manager
- In the add-in manager select the coolorange-ThreadModeler add-in
- Uncheck the "Block" checkbox
- Check the "Loaded/Unloaded" and "Load Automatically" check boxes
- Press "OK"
- If Inventor LT is used you will need to upgrade to Inventor or Inventor professional
- If an unsupported version of Inventor is used you will need to upgrade to a supported version. Currently supported versions are listed on threadModeler's download page. (2014 and upwards when this was written)
- ThreadModeler only works for parts
- If everything of the above did not help you contact our support and tell them about it. They will provide you with an alternative installer