Start a new topic

PowerJobs: Automatic login

Add an option to automatically login when starting powerJobs/restarting the system like the Vault jobprocessor, so it isn't needed anymore to manually login into powerJobs.

18 people like this idea

Thomas

I tried a different approach - the default action on the dialog box is the "OK" button, so I rewrote the script to "press the Enter key"

That worked correctly for me.

To test if this approach works with your set up, run powerJobs, wait for the dialog to appear, and press the Enter key. If it logs in to powerJobs/JobProcessor this approach should work

To implement this, comment out the ControlClick line (; at the start, and add the Sleep & Send lines as shown below 

;ControlClick, OK, %loginTitle%, %loginText%
Sleep, 1000 ; in milliSeconds 1000 = 1 second
Send {Enter}

You may or may not need the delay, and may need to change the time which is in milliSeconds. For my system it was not needed 

Then recompile (it will overwrite the previous version) & try again

Good luck!

Nick

Nick

Thank you so much for your help.
I tested your version with the Enter key.
The problem is probably an authority issue.

Calling the created StartPowerJobs.exe only works with "Run as administrator".
The registered user is a member of the local administrator group of the computer. I can't explain why this doesn't work directly.

I also tested your first version with "Run as administrator". Also this version would have worked.

I am now looking for a way to solve the permission issue.

Thomas

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Thomas

If you want to force a AutoHotKey script to run as Administrator, you should add this code to the top of the script, and recompile

Note that it only works with compiled scripts

Hopefully it will help you

if not A_IsAdmin
{
   Run *RunAs "%A_ScriptFullPath%"  ; Requires v1.0.92.01+
   ExitApp
}

Nick

1 person likes this

Nick,

Thank you very much for this solution. AutoHotKey now works as desired.
Thanks for your support.

Thomas

Based on the testing that Thomas has done, this would appear to be a good, general-purpose solution, using AutoHotKey - https://www.autohotkey.com/

• Download the latest installer & install AutoHotkey
  • Download the attached script
  • Right-click -> Compile Script
  • This will build StartPowerJobsAsAdmin.exe
  • You can then move it into your startup folder, or use another method to automatically run it

Note that you need to run powerJobs manually and login successfully with the correct user/password before this will work, 

Also, check Brendan's post earlier if you want to change any of the login settings - his example changes the server

Nick

ahk
(449 Bytes)

1 person likes this

Can we please have this feature in the coolOrange powerJobs software as soon as possible, so we do not have to configure so many custom solutions to this simple issue?

Login or Signup to post a comment