Start a new topic
Solved

PDF creation leads to deg check in error.

Hello,

After a pdf is created, if the drawing is checked out to make some changes, an error occurs when checking it back in. It automatically checks out pdf(visualisation) and then can't check it back it. Currently I have to click "check in remaining files" and then undo check out of pdf.

Error message in line below. I'd like to keep the pdf as attachment if possible.

Thanks in advance,

Shane

Hello Shane,

Thanks for reaching out to us. If i understood you correctly you are creating a PDF from a drawing and when you check out the drawing also the PDF gets checked out and an error occurs when checking it back in, is that correct? When looking at the screenshot you sent me the error seems to occur on a DWF file and not a PDF file. Which file is causing the problems?

Kind regards,

Manuel Cassan

Hi Manual,

Thanks for the quick response.

You are correct with your description. Weirdly it is exactly as I described. I've made hidden files visible to show you. Below shows image 1, I only check out the drawing. Image 2 shows when I go to check it it the error I get along with the pdf being checked out.

When playing around with it to try all options produce the errors for you I noticed that changing the check-in visualization option from create on check-in to send to job server seems to stop this problem. I really thought I tried this months ago but I'm doubting I did now.

I think I've answered my own question.

It does lead into another one however,

Can the "update view" to update the dwf be modified to trigger the code to update the pdf?

Kind Regards,

Shane

Hello Shane,

Unfortunately i'm not sure if i understood your question. Where do you want to trigger the code to update the PDF?

Kind regards,

Manuel Cassan

Hi Manuel,

During check in (see image below), within the dwf creation code I imagine.

My guess is autodesk.vault.dwf.create.dwg needs to be changed but I don't know where to locate it. See other images within text.

Thanks in advance,

Shane

Hello Shane,

Unfortunately i don't think this is possible to achieve this way. One way to trigger a PDF job on check in could be to use powerEvents. This Vault extension can trigger powerShell code on different Vault events like check in. 

Kind regards,

Manuel Cassan

Perfect,

Thanks for the feedback and advice.

Many Thanks,

Shane

Hello Shane,

If all your questions are answered please mark this topic as solved, thank you.

Kind regards,

Manuel Cassan

Login or Signup to post a comment