Start a new topic

powerJobs using an Inventor license?

Hi,

We have been using the Vault 2019 Job Server with a custom app to generate AutoCAD dwg files on a file server.  I'm giving powerJobs 19.0 a 30-day trial, and I just noticed today that it is using Inventor instead of Inventor Server

Is there a setting I have to change/add so that I'm not consuming an Inventor license and I can use the no-license-required Inventor Server?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Bob

Hi Bob,

To use InventorServer instead of Inventor in the jobs search for the Open-Document cmdlet and add:

$openResult = Open-Document -LocalFile $file.LocalPath -Options @{ FastOpen = $fastOpen } -Application InventorServer

Here you can find an overview of the possible file conversions when using InventorServer.

Kind regards,

Manuel Cassan

If this answered your question please mark this thread as solved.

Hi Manuel,

I added the text you suggested, but when the idw drawing is released, it gives this error:

[ WARN ] - DocumentExporter.Export({coolOrange.GenerateEngine.Inventor.Document}) | Failed, exception = {ArgumentException}.

;[ WARN ] - ExportDocumentContext.Execute() | Failed, exception = {ArgumentException}.

;[ ERROR] - ExportDocumentContext failed with exception: The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))

;[ WARN ] - Pipeline.Execute([ {} ]) | Failed, exception = {System.Management.Automation.RuntimeException}.

;[ WARN ] - Pipeline.Execute("") | Failed, exception = {System.Management.Automation.RuntimeException}.

;[ ERROR] - Failed to export document C:\Temp\123456-789012DR-12345.idw\123456-789012DR-12345.idw to C:\Temp\123456-789012DR-12345.idw\123456-789012DR-12345R39.dwg! Reason: The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))

Do you know what causes this error?

Please help.

Thanks.

Bob

Hello Bob,

Are you using the sample job delivered with powerJobs without any changes except for the InventorServer part? Did you modify the DWG_2D.ini file located at "C:\ProgramData\coolOrange\powerJobs\Modules\Export"?

Can you please change the logging level to DEBUG, reproduce the issue and send me the logfile located at "C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\coolOrange\powerJobs\Logs"?

Kind regards,

Manuel Cassan

Topic was converted to a ticket.

Login or Signup to post a comment