Start a new topic

PowerJOB: <Export>.ini / DXF Layer export

Hallo CoolOrange Team,

as discussed with Christian in our meeting (28th of October 2019) we want to discuss the following topic with coolorange.

• Is it possible to define the export options in the file "DXF_SheetMetal.ini" as it is used with a manual export in Inventor. With PowerJobs or Autodesk Vault Jobprocessor the ini-file-definitions are differing to the option of a manual export with Autodesk inventor. Also the reslut is different (Job an manual). The Customers often want to export all layers (or defined layers) and one layersshould be the default one. 
Example: 
In the file "DXF_SheetMetal.ini" "Bend_DOWN_LAYER" is defined as invisible!
PowerJob will not export the Layer "Bend_DOWN_LAYER". Only the not visible are exportet to DXF file. This is not the expected result. It says "invisible" not "not to be exportet". Is it possible to define the export option new so we can export all layers an define those ones which should be displayed/visible in standard?

Link to CO-WIKI-DXF Export options: CoolOrange WIKI

Thanks!
Best regards
Dominik

Hello Dominik,

We are planning to create a knowledge base article describing how to use the DXF_2D.ini and the DXF_SheetMetal.ini file to adapt the file.

The INI file is different from the one that you can export from Inventor but it should be possible to configure the INI files from powerJobs to have the same result.

I have added this thread to the task to create the knowledge base article i mentioned.

Kind regards,

Manuel Cassan

Hi Manuel,

thank you very much!

At the moment it is not possible, but if we could add a new "wish" to the list for PowerJob it would be nice.

The primary thing here is the possibility to keep "invisible" layers in the export of DXF files with sheet metals ipt as basis (unfold-->export dxf from ipt).

Thank you and best regards

Dominik

Hello Dominik,

Thank you for the explanation, i created a feature request for this

Kind regards,

Manuel Cassan

Hello Manuel,

Thank you!

Best regards

Dominik

Login or Signup to post a comment