Start a new topic

Change an existing file

I am looking for a way to export-document to dwf and then check the file back into vault While overriding or replacing / changing the original dwf in vault.

So just to be clear the workflow would be like this

save-vaultfile (would be the iam file)

open doc 

export-document -format -dwf 

add-vaultfile (the dwf just created) -with overwrite

the dwfs are created more than once per item so we will constantly need to overwrite them. AS it its currently it does not overwrote the files within vault. Doesnt even update them.

We will also need to update the version number as well

Thanks for any help 

Hello James,

After adding the DWF file with Add-VaultFile a Update-VaultFile is needed on the IAM file with the argument -AddAttachments to add the DWF as an attachment to the IAM file. Using Update-VaultFile you can also update different properties. Keep in mind that Update-VaultFile can only update what is also possible in Vault.

Kind regards,

Manuel Cassan

I Think the issue actually is that the DWF Files are already in vault but created by a different user, so it doesnt overwrite them with the add-vaultfile method, im having to go in and delete and dwf file created by any other user other than the cool orange user. if its made by cool orange then it overwrites older coolorange files it seems. 

Hello James,

Does the user that is used in powerVault / powerJobs have enough permissions to perform this operation?

Kind regards,

Manuel Cassan

yes, the coolorange account is a vault administrator, but it may be a vault restriction.

Hello James,

Can you please send me the logfile of powerVault?

Kind regards,

Manuel Cassan

yes, as soon as i have one to run where the file was existing i will send it to you 

should be today or tomorrow 

Thank you 

Login or Signup to post a comment