Start a new topic

Vault to FLC Synchronization Issue

Here are two scenarios I came across that could cause asynchronization between Vault and FLC.

Scenario 1

• Publish BOM from Vault to FLC, Vault State: Promote to FLC, Vault Revision: A, FLC State: Unreleased, FLC Revision: w
  • Release published BOM in FLC via ECO: Vault State: PDM Released, Vault Revision: A, FLC State: Production, FLC Revision: A
  • Revise published BOM from A to B in FLC via ECO: Vault State: PDM Released, Vault Revision: A, FLC State: Production, FLC Revision: B

As you see the revisions are not matching. Because revisions in Vault are bumped when BOM goes from “PDM Released” to “WIP”. So when you revise BOM in FLC, the BOM in Vault is not changing state. I think the “Synchronizing Vault file states based on Fusion Lifecycle items” script should match the revision as well as lifecycle state, it is only synching the lifecycle state.

Scenario 2

• Publish BOM from Vault to FLC, Vault State: Promote to FLC, Vault Revision: A, FLC State: Unreleased, FLC Revision: w 
  • Pre-Release published BOM in FLC via ECO (select “Design Revision” instead of “Release to Production”): Vault State: PDM Released, Vault Revision: A, FLC State: Pre Release, FLC Revision: 1

This scenario is CO issue and cannot be fixed with configuration. In this example both lifecycle state and revision are not synched.  

Hello Vahid,

Thank you for the detailed description. If i understood this correctly, the issue is the "Synchronize Change Orders" standard workflow in both cases, is that correct?

Which vaultFLC version are you using?

Kind regards,

Manuel Cassan

Hi Manuel,

That is correct, synchronizing change order state and revision. I am using cO 20.0.1.2452

Regards,

Tony

Hello Tony,

Sorry for the late reply. Can you please try to use vaultFLC 20.0.7? You can download it from the coolOrange Download Zone.

Kind regards,

Manuel Cassan

Login or Signup to post a comment