After installing threadModeler for Inventor 2017 or newer, the threadModeler panel is not visible in the coolOrange ribbon.
- Since Inventor 2017 third party add-ins have to be explicitly allowed
- Inventor LT does not support the use of third party add-ins
- An unsupported version of Inventor is used. threadModeler is compatible with Inventor 2020, 2019 and 2018
- An assembly is opened
In order to allow threadModeler follow these steps:
- Navigate to "Tools" -> "Options"
- Press "Add-Ins" to open the add-in manager
- In the add-in manager select the "coolorange-ThreadModeler" add-in
- Uncheck the "Block" checkbox
- Check the "Loaded/Unloaded" and "Load Automatically" check boxes
- Press "OK"
- If Inventor LT is used you will need to upgrade to Inventor or Inventor professional
- ThreadModeler only works for parts