When powerJobs Processor is started through powerJobs.exe the following error is displayed:
Startup-Operation: 'RestrictionChecks' failed! Please see logfile for more information.
The log file can be found in "%localappdata%\coolOrange\powerJobs Processor\logs" for v21 and newer or "%localappdata%\coolOrange\powerJobs\logs" for v20 and earlier
The log file contains an error like this one
Path: 'C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Vault...\Extensions\powerJobs Processor.Handler\PowerJobs.vcet.config' Requires rights: 'Write', 'WriteAttributes', 'WriteExtendedAttributes' and 'Append' for v21 and newer
When powerJobs.exe ist started it checks the job folder for new ps1 files and adds a them to the PowerJobs.vcet.config file. This is necessary in order for the Vault Jobprocessor to recognize the jobs. When the current Windows user lacks the permissions to do this the Startup-Operation message is displayed.
- Navigate to "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\<Vault ####>\Extensions\coolOrange.powerJobs Processor.Handler" or "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\<Vault ####>\Extensions\coolOrange.powerJobs.Handler"
- Right click "PowerJobs.vcet.config"
- Select "Properties"
- Select the "Security" tab
- Make sure the current user has at least 'Write', 'WriteAttributes', 'WriteExtendedAttributes' and 'Append' permission
- Make sure the current user is not explicitly denied one of the 'Write', 'WriteAttributes', 'WriteExtendedAttributes' and 'Append' permissions
Do NOT start powerJobs Processor with "Rightclick" -> "Run as Administrator" to get rid of this message. powerJobs Processor won't be able to properly use Inventor if started as Administrator.