An inventor file is converted with powerJobs using the InventorServer into one of the following formats: BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, TIFF and the job fails with following error:
Failed to export document ***** to *****.bmp! Reason: The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))
- The InventorServer application does not support converting files to following formats:
For these conversion you need to use Inventor instead of InventorServer. To change this follow this steps:
- On the machine on which powerJobs is installed navigate to "C:\ProgramData\coolOrange\powerJobs\Jobs"
- Open your job's script file
- Search for the Open-Document cmdlet:
Open-Document -LocalFile $file.LocalPath ...
- change it to use Inventor as application:
Open-Document -LocalFile $file.LocalPath -Application "Inventor"
Possible file conversions (coolOrange wiki)