A BCP package has been created with bcpToolkit and needs to be imported into Vault.
In order to import the package with Data Transfer Utility following steps are required:
- Install the right autodesk_vault_data_transfer_utility_for_vault (DTU) by copying the files from the .zip to “C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ADMS Professional 20??\ADMS Console“ on the Vault Server.
- To test if the package contains errors run following commands:
cd "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ADMS Professional 20**\ADMS Console" Vaultbcp.exe VALIDATE C:\Temp\myPackage Administrator "" Vault /ISBD /V2
This validates the specified package against a vault named: Vault, user: Administrator and a blank password.
- In order to import the package run following command:
Vaultbcp.exe IMPORT C:\Temp\myPackage Administrator "" Vault /ISBD
This imports the specified package with security, data and behaviors.
Overview of all options of DTU:
vaultbcp.exe <EXPORT|IMPORT|VALIDATE> <packageDirectory> <username> <password> <vault> [/Llogfile] [/ISBD] /V0 /S /I options: [S]=security [B]=behaviors [D]=data e.g /ISD means include security and data [no behaviors] /V Verbose Level: 0, 1, or 2. 0 is the default. It procudes more output when the number is higher! /S Attempt to sanitize xml before importing. WARNING: Setting this option could lead to a degredation in performance.
- "vaultbcp.exe" the DTU executable
- <Export|Import|Validate> The operation to perform
- <packageDirectory> Specifies the location of the package.
- <Username> The user name of a Vault administrator
- <password> The password of the Vault administrator
- <vault> Name of the Vault where the import or export takes place
- [/logfile] Optional parameter for the name and path of the log file
- [/ISBD]Optional parameter for including:
- Security: users and groups
- Behaviors: Definition of categories, revisions
- Data: folders, files