- When a product gets activated via Activator.exe it isn't activated.
- When activating a product via the "About" button and later opening the Activator.exe the product is not activated.
One possible cause could be that the coolOrange certificate is not verified. Make sure that the coolOrange certificate is verified on your machine. If it is not try to reinstall the certificate. If the certificate is not trusted the operating system will store the license information in a different isolated place for every application.
Check the certificate:
- Navigate to an EXE file delivered by coolOrange e.g. Activator.exe.
- Right click on the file and go to Properties
- Click on Digital Signatures, select the CoolOrange S.R.L. certificate
- Click on Details and then View Certificate.
- A not trusted certificate could look like the following: