When starting powerGateServer service none of the requests seem to do anything. When starting powerGateServer Console as normal user a "System.Net.HttpListenerException" error is displayed. When starting powerGateServer Console with elevated permissions everything works as expected
This is caused by incorrectly configured namespace reservations. A namespace reservation is needed so applications that are run by a certain user are able to listen to the configured namespace.
- Write down your webservice url
- Run powershell.exe
- In PowerShell window execute netsh http show urlacl
- In the list search for every entry that matches your url. (See remarks for details)
- When you find a matching url write down the user
- Start services.msc
- Search for service powerGateServer
- Make sure the service is running for the same user. Be careful not to mix up "Local System" and "Local Service"
If you don't find a matching entry you have to create a namespace reservation.